Nothing here is set in stone. This is a bird’s-eye view of what’s planned for InstantClick, not an exhaustive list. Actual progress will be much different than what’s listed here.
Items marked with LHF are low-hanging fruits: high reward for the effort.
4.0 (breaking changes)
- Better asset tracking, probably with a simple
- Remove whitelist mode (
data-no-instant on body can be used instead).
- LHF Send a header when a page is preloaded with InstantClick (#71).
- Allow to set a different preloading mode (mouseover, delay, mousedown) for each link/container (#68).
- Decouple progress bar from core code (#58).
- LHF Make the progress bar show only after 80–100 ms if the page hasn’t been displayed (#58).
- Allow to replace only a container, instead of the whole body, like jquery-pjax does.
- Bug fixing. Some are on GitHub. For unreported bugs, wading through jquery-pjax’s and Turbolinks’s issues should uncover most of them.
- Improve documentation overall, LHF add section on caching (#26).
- Set up a forum for getting help with InstantClick.
- LHF A list of fixes for third-party scripts with InstantClick, like Turbolinks Compatibility.
If you want to implement one of those features: Unless it’s obvious how it should be done, discuss it on GitHub in order to find the best way to do it.
Customizing the progress bar
Documentation table of contents